"Focus on global and national action plan implementation: case studies, sharing of experiences , tools and practical measures”
Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) is a global and multisectorial concern. It is vital to enable adequate access to effective antimicrobial agents to treat human and animal diseases of bacterial origin. As underlined by the tripartite alliance of WHO , OIE and FAO, combating AMR must be coordinated between public health, animal health and environment through the implementation of the “One Health” concept.
In term of animal health , the responsible and prudent use of antimicrobial agents is essential for maintaining their therapeutic efficacy. That is the goal pursued by the OIE , particularly through its intergovernmental standards and recommendations developed with th
e support of its network of expertise and adopted by its Member Countries. “Implementation strategies in the short, medium and long terms to combat AMR will be developed and discussed to allow participants to gather and share their experience.”
Main objective :
Appropriation of global action plan, OIE / FAO’s strategies and intergovernmental standards regarding antimicrobial resistance. Implementation of the appropriate prevention measures to fight against AMR at national and regional level.
Learning objectives / contents :
- Prior to the course :
- Documents to read before the training: Global action plan, FAO and OIE’s strategies, intergovernmental standards and recommendations regarding AMR ,
- Analysis of strengths and weaknesses of national action p lan in line with the global action plan and intergovernmental strategies. Identification of gaps. Preparation of a presentation.
- During the classroom training course :
- Awareness raising activities, surveillance and research , regulating and monitoring the use of antimicrobial agents and resistance (implementation of appropriate measures) ,
- Legislation and fight against AMR , organization of the inspection and its different levels ,
- Involvement of different stakeholders , at national and regional level ,
- preparation of a national action plan .
Teaching methods : lectures, practical training based on case studies, working group, questions, sharing experiences, discussing and building harmonized method ...
minimum of 5 years of relevant professional working experience. A self-assessment test and a package of preparatory documents will be available on an online platform before the course